Saturday, March 27, 2010

Joys!



Its 9.30 on a Sunday morning, a good 2 hours before my normal wake up time in my pre-motherhood days. Now, its 9.30 a.m. and I've baked a cake with Karan, cooled it, put icing on it and then fed Kavya banana and bathed her. Ah, the joys of motherhood....(or sorrows perhaps).

5 1/2 months and counting of being a mother of 2 and I was thinking of all the joys of motherhood in order to prevent myself from losing it and I did come up with quite a big list. Here are some of the things.

1. I am completely enjoying the discovery journeys of both my children. Kavya discovering that you cant catch flowing water, that she has toes(!) and that watching her brother is the best entertainment...Karan discovering that if he collects bubbles and keeps it, they disappear overnight, that oil floats on top of water, that his sister has slightly different body parts!

2. Kavya has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen! Ok, so I may be biased, but I am making a list of joys right?....and her smile does bring immense joy to me! Karan's teacher says he talks to all the children in class including the ones who don't talk to anyone else. I was so happy to hear this. I hope this means that he's generally a sensitive compassionate sort and not cos he finds that with the quiet ones he can do all the talking! Karan is also very considerate of my feelings (most of the time).



3. Kavya's soft skin. I had almost forgotten how wonderfully soft a baby's skin is. I was lying in bed the other day feeling the feet of Karan and then Kavya's and feeling just a tad sad that Karan would never again have feet as soft as Kavya's. Man, they grow up so fast and yet at time's it feels like they'll never grow up and become independent! Karan, may not have soft skin anymore, but he has great stamina when it comes to running. He's not super-fast, but he sure can go on....like I used to be able to do some eons ago.

4. Karan can draw free-hand and has thankfully gotten over his absolute obsession for having perfect pictures. He is still quite a perfectionist and gets slightly upset when things don't come out the way he intended it to, but atleast he doesn't have complete meltdowns or refuse to try cos he thinks its not going to turn out well. Kavya can identify songs and tunes even if different people sing it..so she can't be tone deaf. I would have been immensely sad if any of my kids were tone deaf.

5. Kavya actually does potty (big and small) on the potty seat if she is taken there on time. Karan washes his own shoes.

6. Kavya can sleep through the night and in general (all fingers crossed) seems to like sleeping! Karan has learned the joys of sharing / giving (atleast some of the times). The other day we were standing outside his creche. Karan was holding a balloon and describing everything he planned to do with it when we got home - bounce it, draw a face on it etc. when this street kid came up to us and asked for the balloon. and Karan actually gave it to the girl.

7. I am so happy that Karan finally started trying new foods and that Kavya seems to love all fruits introduced till date.

8. Karan adores Kavya and she seems to be totally into him as well.


4 Comments:

Blogger hillgrandmom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, March 28, 2010  
Anonymous suemamma said...

I loved them all, but point 6 was the best.

Sunday, March 28, 2010  
Blogger Rohini said...

I am so jealous. Tarana had started sleeping through the night but suddenly at about 4 months, she lost the art. Gets up anywhere between 2 and 4 times every night :(

Monday, April 12, 2010  
Blogger Divs said...

Awww...love the last pic of the kiddos kissing each other. Precious!

Monday, August 30, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home