Sunday, November 21, 2010

Distance

I hate distance.

I am really bad at keeping in touch......I will go for months without calling my friends and even my family and then suddenly realise how bad I am with the distance thingie.....

I really hope that the people in my life don't mistake my not staying in regular touch as a sign of dwindling love, cos it really isn't. It's just so hard to make time for anything when you have kids, who take up all your free time and then some more.

Yesterday, after a really long time (maybe a month or so, which is really a long time to not speak to your own sibling), I finally caught up with Ro and Beks....and it was so nice...well they are my bro and sis, so naturally it is to be expected that the conversation despite the gap was extremely smooth and without any breaks. But, it was really really nice all the same and I felt good after hanging up....no wait....did i feel good....well i did....but i also felt a little depressed (actually a lot more than a little) at the thought that we would just have to make do with just that for then next 6 months at least. (I am super excited that Beks and Aditi are coming sooner though)

When I think about it, its pretty much the same with my good friends as well...I meet them and walk out feeling good at having caught up, but sad at the thought that I would have to wait ever so long now to sit across from them. Some people are content with sms, emails, skype...but me, I'm one of those people who likes physical presence.

My life is passing me by, and most of the people I would have liked to "spend my life with" are far away...sigh...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rohini said...

I suck at it too. Except with my mom. Her, I still call almost every day

Monday, November 29, 2010  
Blogger lawyeramma said...

Same here Rohini - the only person I call almost everyday is my mom! Again, I think we should meet. We seemed to have a lot in common!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home